Is My Child Headed For Trouble?
When Jesus came to a tree that was withering, it was obvious by its fruit. He did not mince words. Parents need to be able to tell by their child’s behavior if he/she is headed for trouble. Below are what I believe to be the six greatest indicators that your child is headed for trouble:
- Disrespect – showing little regard for your rules or your feelings
- Disobedience – stretching the rules, or challenging them
- Mouthiness or talking back
- Association with questionable friends
- Disregard for coming in on time or heeding curfews
- Love for music with lyrics that feed rebellion
These behaviors should be totally unacceptable. If a child is allowed to get away with them, his/her behavior will digress. If he/she shows no respect for your authority as his/her parent, he/she will show no regard for any form of authority in school, the workplace, and/or society, much less God. The only way a child can avoid this is if we as parents take our responsibilities seriously and drive the foolish behavior out of him/her. We must watch our children and be diligent stewards of them.
Sign up for our monthly newsletter and weekly devotional