Paul Anderson Youth Home
Shaping Men of Character Since 1961
For those working in the juvenile justice adjudicating youth every day, Paul Anderson Youth Home offers a Christian alternative to the juvenile and adult penal institutions for young men between the ages of 16 and 21.
Through our commitment to these young men’s spiritual, emotional, mental, social, and physical needs, we are able to provide a second chance through an individualized and holistic approach.
PAYH exists to help transform the lives of troubled young men and their families.
PAYH has served more than two thousand youth that would otherwise have been incarcerated. The four strategic priorities we pursue daily are:
- Planting Godâ€™s word in their lives and discipling them through mentoring and modeling
- Providing therapeutic counseling and substance abuse treatment
- Supplying a fully-accredited college preparatory high school and vocational training
- Supporting our graduates long-term through our transition program
- Our residential program and on-campus school provides an opportunity for rehabilitation so that “our boys” can become assets to society.
Fully Accredited High School
Vocational Training Program
PracticalÂ Life Skills Training
Appropriate PAYH Applicants
- Are between the ages of 16 and 21.
- Have become unruly at home, school, or in theÂ community.
- Have legal charges or are at risk of legal charges.
- Have chemical dependency issues.
- Have an IQ above 85.
Because of our desire to see them live a full, successful life, our transition team works diligently with our young men and their families to create an individualized transition plan that meets the immediate and future goals of each graduate and places him in a positive, supportive environment where he has the best opportunity to succeed.
Substance Abuse Treatment Strategies
Since each has unique problems, our substance abuse strategy is based on the individual needs of each young man with four distinct and integrated components available:
Motivation For ChangeÂ®: MFC is a six-stage model focused on those who do not yet recognize their need for new direction in life.
Moral Reconation TherapyÂ®: Using a systematic cognitive behavioral therapy approach, MRT positively addresses the social, moral, and behavioral growth of our young men.
Smart RecoveryÂ®: A four-point program that teaches young men to avoid self-defeating thinking, emotions, and actions and to work towards long-term satisfaction and quality of life.
Celebrate RecoveryÂ®: Celebrate Recovery is a Christ-centered recovery program for anyone struggling with hurt, pain, or addiction of any kind.