Payh Blog
SFTD-08-11-2016-Feature-img
May 12, 2015

North Augusta Star Features PAGC 2015

Paul Anderson Golf Classic Comes to River Club

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

On May 11, the Paul Anderson Youth Home will host the 22nd annual Paul Anderson Golf Classic at The River Club. Golfers will take to the fairways to give back to an organization, which for more than 53 years has served more than 1,200 young men.

Since 1994, the Paul Anderson Golf Classic has made significant impact in supporting the home’s reach in Georgia and across the United States. The public is welcome to join supporters and donors from around the country who gather to show support of the home and its ministries for a day of golf and fellowship.

“The annual Paul Anderson Golf Classic is a time for us to celebrate with and remind our supporters of the transformative work being done at the Paul Anderson Youth Home because of their contributions, said Drew Read, COO of the Paul Anderson Youth Home. “A little competition, fellowship and camaraderie provide us a great time to share our continued vision, garner support and help our young men at the same time.

The Paul Anderson Golf Classic is a four-man Captain’s Choice golf tournament.

The home provides a safe place for young men to recalibrate using a comprehensive approach including academic training in a SACS accredited high school setting, and incorporates physical fitness, social awareness, work ethic development and emotional and spiritual growth.

“The value of these young men’s lives could never be measured, but the value of our holistic approach to recovery is evident in our success rate, Read said.

Every young man who enrolls in PAYH receives a scholarship to cover 83 percent of the program’s costs through the support of individuals, corporations, churches and foundations, leaving 17 percent tuition for the family, which is significantly less than similar programs.

For more information or to register for the Paul Anderson Golf Classic, visit www.payh.org/golf or call Matthew Hendley at 912-537-7237. The River Golf Club is located at 307 Riverside Blvd.

What: 22nd annual Paul Anderson Golf Classic

When: 7:30 a.m. May 11

Where: The River Club, 307 Riverside Blvd.

Cost: $175 per person or $700 per team

For more information: Call 912-537-7237 or visit www.payh.org/golf


  • Share Link:
Get Involved Background Image

Get Involved

This ministry has endured for almost 60 years because God has blessed us with faithful partners. Through friends like you, He ensures that we have the help we need to accomplish our mission. Click the button below to learn more, whether you’re interested in volunteering, making a one-time gift, or becoming a monthly contributor.