Signs and symptoms of Internet sexual addiction
National Council on Sexual Addiction and Compulsivity has defined sexual addiction as “engaging in persistent and escalating patterns of sexual behavior acted out despite increasing negative consequences to self and others.
Signs and Symptoms of Internet Sexual Addiction include:
- Frequent use of the Internet to visit sexually oriented sites
- Binging—hours spent surfing the net or engaged in online sexual activity
- Preoccupied with thoughts of “getting online”, or of sexual behavior
- Sexual behavior interferes with work, school, family, hobbies, etc…
- Anxiety and irritability when unable to get online.
- Telling your self that you should cut down, or stop altogether
- Experiencing guilt, remorse and shame
- Become defensive when others suggest that you spend too much time on the Internet
- Spending money on internet porn
- Continued consumption of porn despite negative consequences
Pornography is not real. The more one uses porn to gratify themselves, the greater the chance that they will never find trueintimacy and real love.
If you need help talk with a trusted friend, parent, or clergy. You cannot do it alone.
Sign up for our monthly newsletter and weekly devotional