Eighty Percent of first sexual experiences occur under the influence of alcohol. This is not exactly how most girls dreamed of losing their virginity. It’s not surprising that two-thirds of teens girls regret having sex. Alcohol lowers inhibitions, impairs judgment and interferes with decision-making. Alcohol abuse is directly related to unplanned and risky sexual behavior.
Here are some facts
- 80% of first sexual experiences occur under the influence of alcohol
- 51% of college students believe alcohol facilitates sexual opportunities.
- 40% of men believe it is acceptable force sex on a woman who was drunk.
- 32% of sexual assaults of college students occur at parties.
- Almost 50% of unplanned sexual encounters are under the influence of alcohol
- By their senior year in college, 81% of students have had sex because they were drunk.
- College students who mix alcohol and sex report having more partners whom they know only “slightly” or “moderately.”
- In two-thirds of unplanned pregnancies, the woman was intoxicated during sex.
- 60% of STDs are transmitted when the partners are drunk.